Friday, May 10, 2013

Virtual Vegan Potluck May 2013: Guacamole Dip


When I was thinking of what to bring to the virtual table for this potluck, I immediately thought of guacamole. Then I realized I had posted a Spicy Tomatillo Guacamole Dip recipe on my blog back in October 2012. This recipe is different for two reasons: 1) my husband made it and 2) his tastes completely different than my other recipe. So the good news is, he's kicked it up a notch by adding in some cumin (which I hadn't thought of before) and this is the perfect quick party appetizer you can whip up in minutes.

Guacamole Dip
serves 6
Ingredients
1/2 onion, chopped
2 large Hass avocados
1/2 c. diced roasted garlic tomatoes
1/2 tsp. garlic
1 tsp. cumin (or 2 tsp. if you love it)
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. lime juice
dash salt

Directions
1. Put chopped onion, avocados, and diced tomatoes into mixing bowl and mash until well blended.
2. Stir in spices, lime juice and salt.
3. Serve chilled with tortilla chips.


Go forward to Delicious Knowledge's Spanish Romesco Sauce



Go backward to see 88 Lemons' Sweet Potato Asparagus Cakes with Lemon Basil Cream recipe



Start at the beginning of the Virtual Vegan Potluck

Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!