Monday, May 27, 2013

My New Tattoo with a Double Meaning


I never thought I would ever see myself with a tattoo, let alone three. Although I walked into the tattoo parlor on Friday night with two designs in mind, my amazing artist talked with me for a bit and drew something even more beautiful than what I had imagined. I had been tossing the idea around for a long time and knew I wanted to commemorate The Little Red Journal and a quote that stuck a chord with me last year.
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing will get better. It's not.
The bird is a play on the design of my blog, and we focused on red with a touch of blue. I hadn't really thought of combining the two separate ideas that I had into one, but it turned out so beautiful, that I didn't mind at all! As a blogger, I of course documented the whole thing, between me gritting my teeth, holding my breath, and even apparently placing my hand over my heart with a look of pain and agony! Luckily I took my husband along to grab the best picture.

If you're in the Austin area and looking for a great tattoo artist, check out Royce at Southside Tattoo. He also did my herbivore tattoo (and upon showing him he said, "Damn, that looks really good!", to which I responded with, "Thanks--you did it!")

Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!