Monday, May 20, 2013

Eating Plant-Based to Reverse Obesity Worldwide


It's no secret that we, as in most countries, have a problem with weight. Heck, even I was carrying around some extra pounds, and I didn't even realize it until a doctor's appointment. I used to tell myself that their scale was off by 10 lbs., but after weighing myself at home that night, it was quite a blow to my self-esteem. Call it "letting yourself go" or just not caring anymore, but if you took a look at your plate, you may find the answer to this crisis. It's quite a big problem (no pun intended), but there's a solution.

Eating plant-based is a great way to shed some weight, and I'm proud to be living proof of that. Several of my friends have dropped a few pounds, and you can, too. I know there are people out there who say "everything in moderation" and to just cut portion sizes, but plant-based eating requires no extra work other than cooking up some healthy meals. It's not difficult, although it may be mentally challenging, and it's great for you waistline, cholesterol, blood pressure, and many other chronic illnesses that no doubt are paired with obesity. Check out my Vegan Resources page to start on a path to better health to either prevent or reverse weight gain.


Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!