Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Spiced Pumpkin Oat Cookies


I've been spoiling my coworkers by bringing in lots of vegan goodies lately. I wanted to try a new recipe out, and another vegan coworker overheard me. She sent me a super easy recipe by The Burlap Bag (a blog and store based here in Austin, as well!). I was so excited to try this recipe out for myself and decided to amp it up with some spices and add-ins. So here's the result!

Spiced Pumpkin Oat Cookies
yields 4 dozen

2 cans of whole pumpkin
2 tsp. cinnamon
dash ground cloves
1 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. all spice
2/3 cup coconut palm sugar
1/2 bag dairy free chocolate chips
2 1/2 cups rolled oats

1. Preheat oven to 350 and combine pumpkin and spices in a large bowl.
2. Stir in the sugar and chocolate chips.
3. Add in the rolled oats.
4. Drop small round balls of the dough onto a 9x13 with parchment paper.
5. Press down balls with a spoon.
6. Bake for 15 minutes.



Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

32 comments:

  1. These could be a new favorite on our holiday cookie try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly blends the pumpkin in nicely and is perfect for the holidays! So glad you're going to try it out.

      Delete
  2. Yummy! Love me some healthy cookies. Happy VVP Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Happy Virtual Vegan Potluck Day to you, too. Hope you were able to bookmark lots of goodies today.

      Delete
  3. Oh yeah! Just finished lunch and I wish I had 2 or 6 of these to eat w/ my Dandy Blend! Thanks for coming along for the Potluck ride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I definitely don't feel guilty when I have six. I make them ping pong ball sized so that they are bite-sized!

      Delete
  4. This is funny to me because I made oatmeal raisin cookies yesterday (an oil-based recipe) and a few hours later as I was munching away I remarked to my husband: I wonder if I could replace the oil with pumpkin.

    And lo, this recipe. I'm going to try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect! Yes, this was super easy and I love how it's just a few ingredients.

      Delete
  5. Just making my way through the VVP & wanted to say hey :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited! No wheat flour in the cookies! Yay. :) What kind of texture did the finished cookies have? I'm going to try it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are super chewy. Be sure to flatten them down before popping them in the oven, or you'll have a choclate-y mess. I make them ping pong ball sized so they go a little further!

      Delete
  7. Oooo...yummy! Yay for cookies with no wheat flour! I'm printing this one. What kind of texture did the finished product have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are soft and chewy! I like to make them bite sized and they never last too long when I take them to work.

      Delete
  8. yum, these look so good. I love oatmeal cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just stopping by to say hi! These look so great and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by... Yes, these are probably my favorite Fall treats!

      Delete
  10. Looks delicious. I love chewy biscuits. Nice to meet you at the potluck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are super chewy. I suggest trying them with a small cup of almond milk... Yum!

      Delete
  11. Thanks! These are so addicting... : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally want to sink my teeth into those babies! Thanks so much for being part of the potluck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love a good oatmeal cookie. But with pumpkin AND chololate chips? That makes for a great oatmeal cookie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! These are definitely amazing with a small cup of almond milk. Yum!

      Delete
  14. Definitely looks like this recipe is worth making! I love spices! I love pumpkin! And I absolutely loooooove chocolate chips!!! Yum! Yum! Can't wait to create! Thank you for sharing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. MMMMMM,...excellent & tasty looking vegan cookies! Now, I would like to savour at least 4, thanks! ;) MMM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, don't be shy! Eating six in one sitting is totally acceptable. : )

      Delete
  16. Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply! Thank you for you stopping by.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!