Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Food Trailer Review: The Vegan Yacht


As I prepared to celebrate my one-year anniversary with my current company, I knew I wanted to try out a new vegan spot! My coworkers and I have been scouting out places and trying out new things in the last few months and once I heard about The Vegan Yacht, I knew this was the place to celebrate. We had liked their Facebook page a couple of months back and were teased on a daily basis by the amazing photos of the food they offer there. We marked the calendar and set the date for our first visit.

Immediately after we walked up to the trailer, I fell in love with the charm that it has! Mike Wood (co-owner with his wife Danielle), popped his head out of the window and cheerfully took our order. After seeing many yummy pictures of the freeto burrito, I had to order one. There was absolutely ZERO disappointment in my meal. This was amazing and it was awesome to taste one of my all-time favorite foods guilt-free! I haven't eaten much of anything that I wouldn't be smothering in cheese because I fear of a relapse, but this tasted too good without even a thought of it.

I highly recommend checking out this awesome establishment and trying the food for yourself. They have an extensive menu for all tastes and the environment is super casual with it's location in East Austin. We'll be visiting them again soon and I can't wait to try out more!





The Vegan Yacht on Urbanspoon
The Vegan Yacht on Foodio54

Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.