Monday, October 29, 2012

DIY Headlight Cleaner: From Grime to Shine


For over a year now, I've been complaining about my "high" beams in my car being my "low" beams and my "low" beams being utterly useless. Try driving down a dark street at night and not be terrified that something with jump out in front your car! I kept putting off using one of the kits that you can buy in the store, and I again complained one night while a friend of mine was in the car.

A few days later, he sent me an instructible on how to fix this problem with three things that I already own. The process was super simple and I was highly skeptical that this would not work. However, I am frugal and I had the tools necessary to try this out.

DIY Headlight Cleaner

one old washcloth
one tube of toothpaste
water

1. Apply a generous amount of toothpaste to the washcloth.
2. Scrub your headlight completely for a minute.
3. Rinse with water.
4. Repeat until the desired result has been achieved.


Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

2 comments:

  1. Your articles are very inspiring indeed. I keep coming back! There are so many things I agree on. I hope we can exhange ideas in the future.
    dental surgery Markham

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article! I am using toothpaste on my clothes if I split oil and it really works out! As I am seeing the toothpaste can be use for another stuff too. Thanks for the tips

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!