Monday, October 22, 2012

DIY Peanut Butter & Seed Bird Feeder


When we were looking for an apartment earlier this year, a stunning view from my balcony was not even on my list. My husband and I lucked out to find a great deal on our apartment on the Barton Creek Greenbelt in Austin, Texas. Our balcony is huge and we are lucky to have a wall of windows and two sliding doors that offer views from the bedroom, kitchen and living room.

I've always enjoyed seeing birds on our balcony and I slowly started adding more bird seed outside to attract a larger variety. I was excited to see more and remembered a little project I had made as I child. I don't remember what we spread the peanut butter on, but this seemed to do the trick! Within a couple of hours, I had about six red birds outside and a few other variety flying around and checking out their new treats. Here's a quick little tutorial below on how to make your own!

DIY Peanut Butter & Seed Bird Feeder

toilet paper rolls
bird seed
peanut butter
scissors

1. Cut toilet paper roll down the side if attaching to a rail or leave intact to hang from a branch.
2. Cover with peanut butter.
3. Coat in birdseed.
4. Attach to balcony rail or slip onto a branch.
5. Enjoy the sights and sounds from the variety of birds your new feeder will attract!






Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!