Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Confessions of a Workaholic


An avid reader and supporter has brought my lack of blogging to my attention. I have an excuse, really!

I will start off by saying this: I am a hard worker. I don't know why I have this insatiable appetite for working, but I do. With this habit, I had accumulated over 150 hours of comp time at my current job.

I've only used it twice in bulk, and the first time I took 56 hours off (7 working days) for my wedding. The next bulk of time was used last week. My boss suggested I take off for four consecutive working days.

I'm not proud of it, but when I take time off from work (whether it be forced or if it's a weekend), I do absolutely nothing. I mean, it's almost embarrassing. I literally do as little as possible to compensate my overworking habit.

That is why I didn't write last week. And when I realized this, it saddened me. I did spend my time finishing The Tudors series that I love. I also discovered The Secret Life of The American Teenager. Even now, at the end of a long day at work, I am laying on the couch writing this post!

Sometimes you have to allow yourself a break. My husband enjoys spending his time off playing disc golf (an outside activity), while I enjoy the pleasures of doing very little (an inside activity). A perfect match! Works for me.

Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

2 comments:

  1. SNOW DAY

    SIT ON COUCH AND WATCH NETFLIX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very good reason to me. I impose no judgment. I think I simply got spoiled by your daily blogs. I shall never take them for granted again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!