Saturday, February 26, 2011

New York City, are you ready?

It's been a while since I posted last. In a little over two weeks, I will be visiting a city I've always wanted to see: New York City!

During my freshman year of high school, I had it all worked out. I was going to be a clinical psychologist with an office in NYC. I am not sure where I came up with that idea, and I know I wouldn't be good with patient therapy since it involves more listening than me talking. And we all know I love to talk.

That career choice soon left my mind (too much school involved), and I fleetingly chose interior design as my next career path. I was, after all, subscribed to Veranda! How chic: a designer in NY!

Then, somehow, that dream faded, too. Now I will get to see how the city really is, through the eyes of a twenty-three year old. I may love it or hate it, but I secretly hope I don't fall too in love with it. It would be an impossible dream to live there, just as it was nine years ago, as I pined over a magazine spread (with stunning photos of living rooms!) sitting in my freshman math class.

The latest dream of mine is taking an elevator up to any magazine office in NY and asking for a tour. But that might be creepy, right? Ah, it's New York City! I'm sure I'm not the first crazy person to attempt it.

Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!