Sunday, June 17, 2012

Spreading Some Knowledge


I'll start off by saying that this blog has really helped me during some crazy times and the last few months are no exception. When I decided to make my change, I knew I would need something to cling to, and I'm so happy I have a place to document it all. If you're reading this now, I hope I've at least inspired a bit of curiosity in what I'm doing. This blog started with humble beginnings. A place where I could detail everything in my life, and it still serves the same purpose today.

Now, I'm all about knowledge. And I'm all about spreading good knowledge. I know some people may not understand the choices I've been making lately and this weekend was particularly rough. My parents visited for Father's Day and I was faced with numerous tough food-related decisions. Since my last visit with my doctor, I have been asked to give up three things I loved the most: cheese, wine and chocolate. Oh my.

I've been good so far on all three (although it has only been six days!), but it's definitely a struggle. In my search for more information and honestly, to help remind myself of why I'm doing this, I tend to seek out plenty of educational material on the subject, whether it be a documentary, an article or a book. And there's so much out there to choose from.

After browsing the r/vegan subreddit this evening, I stumbled upon an interesting video that another vegan claimed to have played a huge role in their decision to make "the switch". There's some really great information in this and if you're still curious about kicking animal products to the curb, check it out! I honestly am hoping to just share all the knowledge that I can now that I know my previous diet (which consisted of 90% animal products) didn't do me much good.

Thanks again to all of my readers and for taking the time to listen to me rant and rave about my life. It's been a great release to have somewhere to turn to when I feel like I'm hitting a roadblock, looking to share some info or just talking about my experiences in all areas of my life. This blog has kept me sane and inspired.

Looking to go vegan? Check out these related posts below!
Where to Begin
Kitchen Overhaul
5 Tips for a Healthy Vegan Diet
Pinterest Plant-Strong Board
Top 5 Reactions to "I'm Vegan"
Protein in a Vegan Diet
5 Tips for Eating a Plant-Based Diet (Anywhere)
Veganism in a Nutshell (video)
5 Things I've Learned Through Veganism
Foods That Kill

Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!