Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Breaking Up with Bikram


And now, my letter I've been meaning to pen to break things off with Bikram Yoga.

Dear Bikram,

It's not you. it's me. Really, I take the blame. You were always making time for me every day and never failed to challenge me. I truly enjoyed our time together. I'm sorry things didn't work out between us. You never expected anything from me but my best. I even took the cautionary route and agreed to see how things would work out on a 30-day intro package.

During our time together, I was pushed beyond my limits physically. Your instructor urged me to push "beyond my flexibility" and made sure my toes were pointed during my moves. I gulped over a liter of water on our first date and was truly amazed with the whole experience. You made me want to keep coming back. For a while, anyway.

All of this changed two weeks later. After my tenth class, I found myself struggling with housework as my brother arrived for a weekend visit. You'd taken so much of my time and my head had obviously been in the clouds. Although I was really concentrating on our relationship, I failed to keep up with other aspects of my life, including the laundry and dishes. This was the final straw.

We've really had a good run. You allowed me to really concentrate on my balance and focus. You encouraged me daily and I could see some positive changes in myself. I left you each time with a sense of relaxation and felt a spiritual connection like never before. As they say, all good things must come to end. Maybe we'll meet again someday.

Love,
Kelsey

Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!