Friday, June 22, 2012

Pinterest: Plant-Stong! Board with 500+ Recipes


I am a huge fan of Pinterest and joined the craze last year (see to the right of this post for proof). I first used it to pin dozens of DIY & craft projects that I swore I would one day create. So far, i've finished only a few projects with a couple more still mid-way complete. After I finally figured out how to truly utilize Pinterest, I found myself pinning all sorts of things and now have 730+ pins.

Once I made my switch, I knew I would need some visual reminders everywhere to keep me on track. Aside from my Vegetarian Times subscription, Engine 2 and Forks Over Knives books and my Happy Herbivore Cookbooks that are strewn across my apartment, I realized that my Pinterest account was missing an important board.

My Plant Strong! board is now at over 230 pins and grows daily. At first, it was just to pin a few simple vegan recipes. It's been an amazing resource for me to quickly be inspired or enticed by vegetables. I never thought I would say that, but it's just absolutely gorgeous.

I've met so many other vegans that I currently follow who always pin great recipes, so there's always something to be pinned! It's been nice to just snag something and I can easily share the board with anyone. Whenever someone says, "You can't eat seafood? What do you eat?!"I just send them my board and they immediately are surprised.

Pinterest is an amazing tool to share lots of ideas with other people. If you're a pinner, let me know! I love to follow interesting boards and they usually inspire me to create a new one. And if you think I'm starving and eating leaves of lettuce for dinner, just check this out!



Looking to go vegan? Check out these related posts below!
Where to Begin
Kitchen Overhaul
5 Tips for a Healthy Vegan Diet
Pinterest Plant-Strong Board
Top 5 Reactions to "I'm Vegan"
Protein in a Vegan Diet
5 Tips for Eating a Plant-Based Diet (Anywhere)
Veganism in a Nutshell (video)
5 Things I've Learned Through Veganism
Foods That Kill

Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!