Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Vintage Love

I just realized I had my vintage radio on the wrong setting. The treble was too low and, in fixing this, I shall never part with my beloved radio. I toyed with the idea recently, but my mind is now set!

It was about six months ago when I made one of my numerous trips down to Thrifttown that I saw this beauty. It's nearly seven foot long, and fits perfectly under my bar in the dining area. I saw this radio and literally bought it with no way of knowing how I would haul it to my apartment. My Dodge Stratus would not approve its size. So I called a friend who talked her dad into letting us borrow his truck to get it here.

Upon paying $90, (yes, I tried to talk that down, but it is gorgeous, honest!), a woman wheeled it outside in the rain and proceeded to drop it. The top sliding cover fell and chipped a bit of the edge off. I almost shed a tear.

We covered it with blankets as fast as we could and drove two miles to my apartment. Three flights of stairs later with nearly 100+ pounds of deadweight, my back was thrown out and I had a rare vintage gem in my dining area. I still need to buy a needle for the record player, but the radio is crystal clear and the speakers are original and amazing.

I love all things vintage and only buy these collectibles from Goodwill stores or thrift shops. What can I say? I love a good bargain. Here it is, in all its majestic beauty!












Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!