Thursday, January 13, 2011

Beautiful Side of Fruits & Veggies

While I am trying to push through the second week of the new year (and my new eating habits!), I have found comfort in an article I stumbled upon today. As pale as I am, this news is exciting to me! I've always been opposed to tanning salons and now I have yet another great reason to keep munching on cucumbers and honeydew melon.

The beauty part is just a perk. My main inspiration for really sticking it out this year is my overall health. There is a dedication of time involved in the preparation of my foods, and it's no secret that I despise cooking. Nonetheless, I can't let myself quit this time.

And on that note, a flyer for a new gym in town landed on my desk at work yesterday. I must admit I looked at it longingly for about a minute, envisioning myself breaking a sweat on some cardio machine. Then that vision passed. I'll just stick with the healthy food for a while and ease my way into something of a workout routine...

I need to become friends with my Wii Fit board first. After all, it doesn't have a cost for sign-up or monthly fees. I can't wait to stand on it soon so it can tell me I didn't reach my goal I set a month ago. It's probably as vicious as a personal trainer, though. When you step on the board at it's command to weigh you in, it says, "Ohhh!"

Thank you, Wii Fit board, for using the tough love tactic!

Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!