Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Simply Raw Documentary: Curing Diabetes with a Raw Vegan Diet

It's no secret that my Type 2 diabetes seems to run in my family. In fact, that's the exact reason that I went vegan in the first place. My mom has been battling this for nearly 20 months by now, and I've been trying to convince her to look at a plant-based diet more seriously to reverse her diabetes. I have to admit, it took many months for me to even believe going plant-based would make a difference in my life, but once I finally took the plunge, I was amazed at my results.

Dr. Linda Carney posted about Dr. Joel Fuhrman's immersion on September 7th, and again I felt a surge and knew I needed to mention this to my mom. I know it's tough for anyone to grasp giving up chicken for the rest of their life, but that is exactly what the people in the documentary below have done. The Simply Raw documentary follows six people with diabetes (two with Type 1 diabetes), and by eating a raw, vegan, whole-foods diet. 

I've been trying to discuss this option with my mom for many months and even since day one of my own journey. I've tried to realize that any change is hard on someone young or old, and there's just no way of convincing anyone to do what you want them to do. I've tried my hardest to help my mom see the light with a plant-based diet, but only when she is ready to make that decision for herself, then and only then will she see real changes. 

I watched this movie below and was astounded with their results, and while I didn't see my changes nearly that fast, these people dedicated themselves to 30 days of clean eating on a raw, vegan diet. Check it out and let me know your reasons for thinking of considering a plant-based diet. 

Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!