Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Review of Vegan Dishes at Thai Taste

I've enjoyed living in South Austin for the last several years, and feel lucky that we have such a wide array of different culinary options within a few mile radius of our apartment. Less than a half mile away, we have Thai Taste, which never disappoints! I had never really had Thai food before, but my husband was a fan for many months before taking me there for dinner one night. There have been many nights when I would rather call in an order instead of cooking something, and they always provide large portions that can also serve as my lunch the next day.



Since I'm vegan, I appreciate the fact that you can order nearly anything with tofu. We've also never had to wait too long when walking in for dinner and they also have a BYOB policy, although we've never taken advantage of that. Walking in, it's always nice to see the smiling faces of the staff and even though I have my favorites, their menu is full of vegan and vegetarian options to choose from.

Our appetizers usually range from a bowl of Tom Yum Soup with tofu, lemongrass, lime juice, green onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and mushrooms. It's served piping hot and tastes amazing. I love sipping the broth and I've found that I enjoy the lemongrass that's featured in this soup. We also like ordering a side of Edamame or the Tofu Satay on skewers, which is tossed with Thai spices, peanut sauce, and cucumber salad.

I'm also a fan of the Peanut Sauce entree with fried tofu, onions, carrots, green beans and tossed in peanut sauce. I've also frequently ordered the Pad Kra Tieam Plick Thai with tofu and Thai black pepper, garlic, sweet soy sauce, and Thai seasonings. I highly recommend each of these dishes and always look forward to my next visit. If you're ever in South Austin or the Oak Hill area, be sure to check out Thai Taste when you have a craving for something different.



Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!