Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Casa De Luz Review

Sometimes I find myself in a rut when it comes to eating vegan, but I've been so lucky to have Casa De Luz so close to our home. I've never experienced anything quite like it before, and I was impressed with the super clam atmosphere. Walking in, you instantly feel relaxed. You pay $12 per person when you walk in the door, and this covers a soup, salad, entree, and either tea or water.

I usually heap a pile of salad onto my plate and fill my soup bowl all the way to the brim. The menu changes each day, so I like to check online before heading over the learn what they will be serving. There's an amazing "dressing" on the salad and instead of other places that chop up dull iceberg lettuce and coat with a layer of Ranch dressing, Casa De Luz makes a dressing in-house that is like no other. I try to slowly eat and enjoy my meal, but I usually end up inhaling it pretty quickly. 

As some soft music plays, and you finish up your soup and salad, a plate appears in front of that is piled high with macrobiotic, nutritious foods. At first glance, you may think it's just "health food", but once you take a bite, you quickly realize that it is flavorful and satisfying. I'm pretty full by the time I leave, but I feel so much better than when I did walking in. I know my body will be thanking me for the meal I've had, and it's such a pleasure to dine in a welcoming environment. The portions are large, but super healthy, and I never have much trouble making my happy plate. 

When my parents visited a while back, I told them we would check out Casa De Luz. My mother was a little worried that she wouldn't like it, but she absolutely loved the food. This was near the beginning of my journey when my parents were still a little unsure of what going vegan meant and what I was exactly eating. However, they loved the food and still talk highly of that meal. It's never the case where you walk out and regret indulging because it's so good for you. I know I used to struggle with that before my lifestyle change, but I look forward to my visits to Casa De Luz because I feel confident that it's good for my body and soul. 

If you're ever in the Austin area and looking for an amazing vegan meal, definitely check out Casa De Luz.





Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!