Thursday, March 13, 2014

Minimalist Living Room Decor and Makeover


When we moved in with my husband's cousin a couple of months ago, I was completely grateful for the living arrangement that we had. We're currently renting out a room, and he has a house full of furniture and decor that had a bachelor pad feel to it. And hey, that's what he was! So once we finally "settled in", I was careful to toss around the idea of redecorating and moving items to give the place a fresh new look.

During a weekend conversation before he was heading out for the evening, we began discussing his living room and the possibilities of decor ideas. I had some ideas in mind and quickly sketched out a floorplan that could work a little better than the current setup. After agreeing on the setup, our roommate mentioned that it looked like a "weekend project". If you know me, you'll know that I like a good challenge. I told him I'd have it done by the time he got back to the house (within two hours).

Without spending a dime (and actually finding a lot of loose change in the process), I completely revamped the living room in just under the two hours. I completely rotated that massive rug and moved around furniture myself like nobody's business. I feel it opened up the space and really took the living room to a totally different level of comfort.

Check out how moving just a few pieces of furniture and rearranging some items can do to a room!

Before
During
After

Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! I'm impressed!! From condensed and confining to comfortable and inviting!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!