Monday, June 3, 2013

The 3 Best DIY Natural Household Cleaners


Laundry Detergent | I was tired of buying the liquid detergent from Target, and by switching to homemade detergent that takes only minutes to make, I saved $0.10 a load. When I tell most people this, they look at me strange as if to say, "A dime... Really?!" I like to make things, and this was one of the first that I learned how to create. One batch lasts me months and it does the job just fine, thank you very much! I also had a bright yellow dress dotted with pink stains from washing it with something red. This detergent completely removed all the spots.


All-Purpose Cleaner | The next thing I wanted to learn how to make was an all-purpose cleaner. There are many recipes out there, but I loved the one I found at AmyBayliss.com. It's quick, easy, and the bottle lasts for weeks. I'm always using it on our counters, and I used lemongrass essential oils which smells amazing after you've cleaned up the kitchen.


Dishwasher Detergent | Just a few ingredients and two minutes before you've whipped yourself up a batch of some great-smelling dishwasher detergent. This recipe worked great in our last apartment's dishwasher. Unfortunately, it wasn't working well in our new apartment, so I'll be trying out this liquid dishwasher detergent as soon as I run out of the store bought one I purchased a few weeks back.


Here's some other DIY natural cleaners that I'm looking forward to trying out soon:

Toilet Bowl Cleaner
Hardwood Floor Cleaner
Young House Love's Recipes
Matthew Stewart's Tub Scrub

Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!