Monday, July 23, 2012

Vegan Inspiration & Motivation


During my five months of veganism, I've held several meaningful conversations with many people that have inspired their own personal dietary changes. A few weeks after I'd made my switch, I met up with a former coworker that I hadn't seen in a while. After she mentioned I was looking "good", I quickly proceeded to tell her about my new and exciting journey that I was on. She seemed interested, so I told her I'd help her get started if she wanted to make the same switch.

At home I was sharing little pieces of research with my husband and cooked plant-strong meals for both of us. Slowly, he started to make the same changes and eventually lost 30 lbs. during the last five months. He's now on board with our lifestyle and even stood tall during our last family visit while adhering to our beliefs and sharing his reasons as we munched on veggies and fruits.

Even at work I was holding several conversations during my lunch breaks with some coworkers and now make lunch outings to discover new vegan options offered in our city. Many of them are supportive and share interesting recipes and tidbits of research with me on a daily basis. (You guys rock!) It's been amazing to have so much support!


Most recently, I had a vegan pizza dinner and invited a friend over to share this yummy meal. We started talking about my lifestyle and I offered up my Engine 2 Diet book for them to borrow. Since then, we've made trips to the grocery store, farmer's market and shared some of our dishes straight out of the oven.

I was personally inspired by a former colleague of mine at my last job. She has been a huge supporter of my change. I only hope to be as supportive and inspiring to others. After I started thinking about all of the knowledge I've learned and attempted to share it with anyone who's interested enough to listen, I realized that my efforts have not been wasted. If you is interested in learning more or are just veg-curious, I'd be happy to help guide, inspire and motivate you.


Looking to go vegan? Check out these related posts below!

Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!