Saturday, July 14, 2012

Happy Herbivore's Spinach Artichoke Dip


I am so glad that I discovered Happy Herbivore. Lindsay Nixon is all about plant-based, low-fat and easy to make recipes. After I "liked" Engine 2 on Facebook, they soon starting posting about Lindsay and I fell in love with her recipes. I was a terrible cook (and still a work in progress), but have found her recipes to be simple and delicious.

A while back, I pinned Lindsay's spinach artichoke dip and tried it out finally. I brought a batch to work and everyone devoured it. I used frozen spinach (half a bag) in lieu of the fresh, but it's still pretty good! With only six ingredients, it was something I could definitely handle. I suggest "liking" Happy Herbivore on Facebook so you don't miss out on any great recipes. Here's my slightly modified version of the dip!

Happy Herbivore's Spinach Artichoke Dip
yields 4 cups

6 ounces spinach, fresh (or 1/2 bag of frozen)
2 whole garlic cloves
15 ounces canned artichoke hearts quartered,dained
½ cup almond milk
3/4 cup nutritional yeast
2 tbsp whole wheat flour

1. Cook spinach in pot on high heat with a thin layer of water until dark green. If using frozen spinach, heat on stove the same way.
2. Remove from heat and drain.
3. Add spinach, garlic, artichokes and almond milk to food processor and blend until smooth.
4. Place mixture in the pot and stir in nutritional yeast and flour.
5. Cook on medium heat until warm and serve with tortilla chips.

Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!