Friday, March 20, 2015

Our Newest Addition: Eleanor Jane

I gave birth on February 20th to our little Eleanor Jane at 12:05 a.m. at the West Houston Birth Center. After laboring for 11 hours at our house, we headed to the birth center and labored there for another 7 hours. It was intense and probably the most challenging thing I've ever experienced in my life. My husband, doula (Debbie Hull), midwife, and an RN were present during the labor and then we called our family members once we left a few hours after Eleanor arrived.

Here's a couple pictures, and I'll be sure to add more soon. Just wanted to give an update that all went well and I'm trying to get the hang of being a mother. It's going well so far, but there are some tiresome nights and then there are easier nights. For now, I'll share a few photos of Eleanor in her first month.


Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, Kelsey!! She is absolutely beautiful. I am glad to hear you are adjusting well, and just wanted to let you know this post made my day. Looking forward to future posts including this bundle of joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura! We made it one month so there's that. Haha, hope you and Frank are well. :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!