Saturday, September 13, 2014

A story for tomorrow

A few years ago when I was working in Austin, Texas, I ran across this video. I actually spent a good 15 minutes this morning trying to track it down, as I hadn't seen it in years. I'm happy to say that I've found it and am posting it here for you to enjoy, as well as for me to find it when I need more inspiration. A fellow coworker had shared it with me, and for whatever reason, I was completely obsessed with it. I watched it dozens of times (if I'm honest... maybe more than a hundred!), and it really spoke to me.

At that time, we were living in a small, crappy two-bedroom, two bathroom apartment that was somewhat scary but all we could afford at the time. This was before I went plant-based, so I remember being unhappy with my weight and health. My husband hadn't quite graduated yet, and he was working a part-time pizza delivery job making little more than minimum wage, while I had recently taken a dollar pay cut to work at a startup company. To say the least, we were most certainly living below poverty level.

I do have to say that I learned so much from those that surrounded me while I worked at that job, and I still keep in touch with many of those same people today. They're what I would consider some of my closest friends and made it all worthwhile during our stint in Austin. But this video just screamed at me. I yearned for adventure, freedom, something... I'm still not sure, but it fueled my dwindling passion and gave me hope that one day my story would matter.

Check out the video and see if you can answer the two questions:
Is it possible to be happy with this life? 
Did you enjoy your story?

Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!