Friday, February 8, 2013

Maxed Out on Veganism Info


I looked at my husband a few weeks ago and said, "I kind of feel like I know everything there is to know about veganism." He nodded and I could see he also had probably hit his limit of what he cared to know (and not know) about the subject. With that said, I will still be posting about veganism, but I don't know how much more. There are so many amazing resources out there (check my Plant-Based Resources page) and I feel like this blog was documenting my journey more than anything else.

Please check my recipe section often, as I am now coaxing Kendan to document his recipes. I've been crazy busy with life in general and he has graciously been taking the reins with the cooking. This started as my second version of my Little Red Journal and will forever be a place where I document my life. As I helped a new friend (Angel, who is also a blogger!) transition into a plant-based diet, she mentioned that my blog was full of info on veganism. She also praised my work so far and said if I never wrote another post, she would have more than enough info. (Thank you, Angel!)

I am NOT going to stop writing about veganism. This journey has definitely changed my life. However, now that I have "conquered" this challenge, I am focusing on other important aspects of my life. I'm quickly approaching my one-year veganniversary (lame term, I know!) and I am so proud of where I am. To date, I have lost 35 lbs., restored my health and feel fantastic. I never thought I would be able to do this, resist the urge to eat animal products or even stick with it. I'm now focusing on our financial goals and have been heavily immersed in a minimalist lifestyle.

With all of these changes, there has been some realizations that I have come to and found myself taking a hiatus from the vegan topic and blog as a whole. Being a vegan is a huge part of who I am now and I wouldn't change that for anything. I want all of you to know that I deeply appreciate all of your support and encouragement. My readers have been a great source of comfort and the visitors that I receive on a daily basis reminds me that you all care and are interested in learning more! Below is a full list of my vegan-related posts (up to now) in case you are interested to learn more about my journey. I'll continue to post, but am not sure what my topics will be in the near future. Enjoy!

UPDATE: Adding more posts every week!

An Omnivore's Guide to Eating Plant-Based
Rip Esselstyn's My Beef With Meat + Recipes
Virtual Vegan Potluck May 2013: Guacamole Dip
Happy Herbivore Abroad Cookbook Review
The Eight Stages of Veganism
Conquering Veganism One Weak Moment At a Time
Angel's [Plant-Based] Journey to Better Health
Vegan Diet 101: The Overconsumption of Food
Adrienne's Journey to a Plant-Based Lifestyle
ATXFBA City Guide 2013: Austin’s Healthy Vegan Eats
5 Reasons Vegan Diets Fail (& How to Succeed)
Calling All Herbivores: Share Your Story!
Herbie of The Week on Happy Herbivore
Vegan Diet 101: The First Year as a Vegan
Vegan Doc: Hungry For ChangeVegan Diet 101: Naysayers Gonna Naysay
Top 4 Vegan Celebs of 2012

Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

2 comments:

  1. You are an inspiration! Keep on keeping on :) Thank you for all of the awesome blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura - thank you for the support! I appreciate it. : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!