Monday, December 31, 2012

Top 4 Vegan Celebs of 2012


This was a big year of changes for me. As I made my transition into veganism, I found I was in good company! There are many vegan celebs as I soon discovered. Here are some of the celebs who took the vegan plunge this year (even if for just a little while). I know first hand that it's tough to go all out quickly, so I'm cheering on all the following people and applaud their changes! Here's to a healthy 2013.

Rosie O'Donnell | After suffering a heart attack, Rosie came home from the hospital and declared that she was changing her diet. I immediately began following her on Twitter and she soon became a huge fan of plant-based foods. Although she has clarified her diet as pescatarian, there's many benefits to cutting out as many animal products as she did! She was on Dr. Oz to discuss her heart attack and talk about how it impacted her.

Fran Drescher | As Rosie's pal, I think she may have converted after Rosie's heart attack, but nonetheless she's looking fabulous and lost 15 lbs. thanks to a vegan diet. Recently, she revealed that by giving up gluten, animal products and alcohol, her skin has improved. Check out her interview below on The Wendy Williams Show (0:50-2:32)!


Arian Foster | In November he announced he ate chicken, but he stood up for his plant-based diet when many questioned it. I'm happy he tried the lifestyle and that he challenged Texans fans and all of his followers with his new diet. I'll be the first to admit it's not easy being vegan, but we can all appreciate anyone's efforts in trying it out. Way to go Arian for giving it a shot! I have the utmost respect for him and his decisions. I enjoyed the tweets during all of it!


Michelle Pfeiffer | After seeing The Last Heart Attack, a documentary on CNN about Bill Clinton and reading Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn's book, Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease, Michelle turned to a vegan diet.


Looking to go vegan? Check out these related posts below! 
Where to Begin
Kitchen Overhaul
5 Tips for a Healthy Vegan Diet
Pinterest Plant-Strong Board
Top 5 Reactions to "I'm Vegan"
Protein in a Vegan Diet
5 Tips for Eating a Plant-Based Diet (Anywhere)
Veganism in a Nutshell (video)
5 Things I've Learned Through Veganism
Foods That Kill

Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!