Monday, December 3, 2012

Food Trailer Review: Capital City Bakery


A couple of coworkers told me about Capital City Bakery after I was a few months in to my vegan journey. It was a little while longer before I was able to check it out, but I attended a Vegan Pizza Party that they hosted in July 2012 and met some really great people. I brought a box of goodies home to my non-vegan friends and family that were visiting, and they devoured them. Since then, I've visited several times and have enjoyed multiple treats, including cupcakes and cookies. All have been super tasty and I am proud to say I have a frequent buyer punch card!

I didn't know what to expect when I discovered there were cupcakes and cookies available that were made without cow's milk and eggs. At Capital City Bakery, they have moist and sweet treats for just about everyone! While I tried my first vegan treat, I just kept thinking how amazing it all tasted. Every time I go, I have to be sure to bring home a treat for my husband, as well.  

Capital City Bakery's food trailer is parked on Rio Grande St. and MLK Blvd. beside Conscious Cravings. The location is great and it's not too far from my office. This means venturing out to snag a treat every once in a while to break up the work day. I've tasted a variety of different options available and have loved them all! So if you've gone vegan and still have a sweet tooth (and you know you do), head on over to Capital City Bakery soon!


Capital City Bakery on Urbanspoon

Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

2 comments:

  1. I saw your post about Sugar Mama's and then I wanted to tell you about Cap City!!! I'm glad you have already checked it out, they are my favorite. So many vegan bakeries in town!! We are so luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking this out! Yes, I really had no idea what all was out there once I became vegan. We truly are lucky to live in such a veg-friendly city. Makes it so much easier for us! Thanks for stopping by. : )

      Delete

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!