Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Aftermath

I kept my phone at my fingertips all day. I checked it every five minutes and refreshed my e-mail inbox as the nervousness grew throughout the day. Last week I passionately interviewed for a position I was absolutely certain I had nailed.

This insanity of checking my phone started almost 36 hours ago. I was told I would be hearing their decision yesterday on whether or not I was selected for the publishing assistant position. At the close of the business day last night, I held my breath.

Why didn't they call? What did I say wrong? Who makes the final decision? When are they going to call me? Where will this decision take me?

Today, it started all over, and by 4 p.m., I could no longer handle the uneasy pressure of the situation. They had said I would know something by Monday, right?!

I gathered the courage to send an e-mail. Another half hour passed. Refresh inbox. Nothing. Refresh, stupid inbox! Nothing. Suddenly, my phone vibrated to alert me of the e-mail that had just arrived.

"We regret to inform you that the position has been filled."

Now what?

Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!