Monday, November 4, 2013

8 Things You've Missed On My Hiaitus

I'm sure my readers have noticed that I have taken another hiaitus lately. I promise I don't mean to do this! Life just sort of happens, and I've been crazy busy at work. I received a promotion and I'm now a project manager, which means more responsibility and I've found I'm a little more laid back on how I spend my free time, as a result. So my apologies to the readers out there who aren't seeing my content freshen as much as it used to!


This blog has really been amazing for me, and I've met so many new people, including vegans and people who want to share their stories with me. I always aim to be honest and open on this blog, and hope that you all can see that I am interested in sharing my story and helping people life healthier (and unburdened by debt) lives.

Since I've been absent, I thought it would be a good idea to give some quick highlights of what you've missed while I was gone:

 1. We're huge Netflix fans and have been a customer for several years now. We recently watched the entire series of Parenthood. If you haven't watched this, you totally should, as it's a great show.

2. Our debt is shrinking every single month. We're paying $1,200 a month, so we're on track to be debt-free by the time I turn 27 in April! Read my Mint.com review to see how this is possible.

3. Yes, I'm still vegan, and it's been 21 months since I made that decision that changed my life and my health. It's seriously not that hard anymore, and it's like second nature with friends and family.

4. I've broken two needles on my sewing machine, and it's kind of a downer when I'm all pumped up about a project that I'm working on. I now have two unfinished projects on the table. Oh well!

5. We're now saving money for retirement in our very own Roth IRA accounts! I never thought I would call myself an adult, but with all our financial savviness now, I truly feel like one.

6. We went to see The Book of Morman here in Austin in early October, and that was hilarious. The songs alone rung in my head for days. Definitely worth the splurge on those tickets.

7. My car is sounding like it's about to croak any moment. We have savings ready for when it does, and we are aiming to pay for a Honda Fit in cash once it's time. Can you tell I'm a planner?

8. I'm proud of my mom, who has lost 12 lbs. through rigorous exercise. She's cutting back on meat, and is doing a fantastic job by biking a few miles a day. Progress, not perfection, people!!!

I guess that sums up what's been going on with me in the last month or so. I have so many grand ideas for this website, and I'm truly proud to have you reading this. Thanks again, and remember, I do this for you all! It's a pleasure to write and share these details of my life with you. I'll continue to strive for writing more and more soon.

Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!