Sunday, August 26, 2012

High School Love: Eight Years Later


I wrote the following post exactly one year ago! My husband and I are celebrating eight years together and almost two years of marriage this week and I'd like to add that without his support, I would have failed at veganism on day two. He's been amazing through this whole lifestyle change, and even joined in and has benefited, as well!

I knew my husband probably before he knew me. We attended the same (very) small high school, with around 61 graduates in our class. I'm sure he knew I existed when he transferred during my sophomore year, but he definitely didn't make that apparent to me.

I'm usually super loud and outgoing, and he is the exact opposite -- quiet and shy (unless you know him, then it's a completely different story). We started passing notes during our junior year and began dating at the start of our senior year.

Seven years (and two towns) later, we are newlyweds trying to grasp the ground and settle in to life as adults and as a couple. We've seen each other literally grow older physically, mentally and emotionally. We've been each other's support system and give each other a reality check when needed.

I credit my husband for giving me the support and encouragement that I needed to pursue my passion for writing during my college career and beyond. If there's one word I have learned about love and keeping up with a healthy relationship, it's "teamwork".

Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!